Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday.

What a fantastic weekend this turned out to be! It got off to an early start because I skipped my class on Thursday (oops!) and my roommate Elli and I had people over Thursday night, then went out to the club around the corner, Ilses Erika. I ended up dancing all night (LITERALLY) and finally leaving with lovely Miriam and Sophie- around 7 am. This ended up being only slightly disastrous, as for one thing there was a surprise Melinda sleeping in my bed (always slightly unsettling to walk in to see a person in your bed who you weren't expecting to be there!) and for another, my Magdeburger schwesterlein Annika called me around 11:00 to say she was heading over as planned to spend the weekend with me.



Somehow I mustered up the energy to head to Clara Zetkin Park after those precious few hours of sleep  for a day of "slack-lining" (which is basically tightrope walking) with Melinda and Anni. It's so incredibly fun and addictive! Not to mention a pretty amazing core and leg workout. 





We repeated more of the same at Clara Zetkin Park on Saturday, but mixed in a lot more chilling and a little out-door rave action, where we ran into loads of great ERASMUS kids and hung out making daisy
chains and dancing.

 






Saturday night saw Anni and I preparing an Easter feast for the next day (thank-you-Martha-Stewart!) which ended up being a very smart move, because it left us free to enjoy the gorgeous weather on Sunday and go slack-lining again! This time in my own backyard.



Later on in the day Melinda and Rosie came over to enjoy a lovely dinner with us, take a little walk, imbibe loads of wine & Sekt & cake and watch ridiculous videos on youtube.






Today is Easter Monday, which means yet another day off, which I celebrated by listening to David Sedaris on audiobook, making mimosas with the leftover Sekt, cleaning my apartment and having a lovely surprise visit from yet another gorgeous red-head friend, Henriette. Tomorrow is yet another free day, as the school where I teach and observe on Tuesday's is still on Easter holidays. Hopefully my roommates will be home soon, they're both in their hometowns with family but I miss them loads!






















No comments:

Post a Comment