Sunday, June 12, 2011

I woke up this morning around 9, with the sun beating down mercilessly through the window onto my legs. Luckily I got an early night last night, but it wasn't for lack of fun.

I spent all of yesterday with my friend Miriam, who came by around noon so I could edit her bachelor's thesis,which is in English. I should only hope that someday, maybe in around 30 years or so, my Deutsch will be as academic as her English!

After the work was done, we set out into the city to gawk at Goths. Annually, Leipzig holds the worlds largest conference of Gothic types, it's a festival called Wave Gothik Treffen. Because it's a massive gathering of freaks, it's naturally a terrific people-watching opportunity. I saw some really cool, really outlandish, and also really disgusting things yesterday. Here are some pics for proof.

P.L.U.R. goths

mistress/slave

Zombie Princess

Connewitz tram stop, right near my Wohnung

In addition to goth-stalking, we also had ice cream, saw a jazz concert, and met up with Miri's lovely friend Janine (who runs THIS SITE) for drinks and creme brulee at the bar near the Skala/Central Theater.

In all, a perfectly lovely day. Today I'm looking forward to an "afterparty", which my friend Ashley said she'd inform me of if she found out (they're kind of secretive/illegal.) We'll see. As for now, I'm going to make some coffee and chill out after an hour and a half of German practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment